We have a dedicated team of support staff who work in close partnership with the teachers to provide assistance in the classroom in a variety of ways, with the aim of improving the learning outcomes for children.
Support staff undertake various duties including:
- offering emotional support and positive encouragement to all children to help them become confident and independent learners;
- providing individually tailored support to enable children with additional needs to access the curriculum fully (e.g following a physiotherapy or speech therapy programme with a child);
- providing small group supervision and support within the classroom;
- Providing a specific intervention programme to support children who need to work on a particular issue;
- offering additional opportunities for children to practise reading;
- providing lunchtime and break time supervision and support;
- assisting with the preparation of or presentation of children’s work (e.g. photocopying and making displays);
- liaison with parents and carers.